The Global Mental Health Crisis
Over 900 million people worldwide suffer with some form of mental health condition. The two most common causes are anxiety and depression, both alone and in combination with each other.
Today’s therapies are not giving patients the relief they need. We are challenging the status quo by providing solutions to these issues.
- More than 30% of people in therapy programs do not respond to current treatments.
- Existing medications can be difficult to stop taking, often with longer onset of results and the potential for serious side-effects.
- Despite the increasing unmet medical need, research and development budgets for psychiatric drugs have not kept pace with demands.
We cannot ignore the growing global mental health crisis any longer—the cost is simply too high.
- The forecasted economic burden of mental health by 2030 is $16 trillion.
- In the United States alone, at least 8 million individuals spend over 30 hours each week providing unpaid care to their loved ones.
- Payment models are shifting to value-based solutions, focusing on sustainable and better care.
The global psychedelics market is forecasted to reach $10.7 billion by 2027, representing a 16% compound annual growth rate. Necessity is creating reform in regulatory frameworks and providing much-needed research opportunities to prove the potential of psychedelics.
Zylorion is well-positioned to be a global leader in innovative and integrated mental healthcare. Together, we can make the most of this opportunity and provide a higher standard of care to the people that need it.